QUEEN MARY'S PARK
Carshalton, SM5 4PHQueen Mary's Park is a quiet, natural country park in the London Borough of Sutton, comprising of grassland, meadow and woodland. The park was laid out in the early 2000's having previously been the home of Queen Mary's children's hospital. The park has a beautiful avenue of mature trees, open vistas to the downlands, with natural and cut grassland and walking and cycling paths. In 2023 the Park received a coveted Green Flag Award®, a scheme that recognises and rewards well managed parks and green spaces.
WHO ARE WE?
The Friends of Queen Mary's Park
Special mention must be given to a Friends Group founding member, David Aylett. He was instrumental in securing funding for the Dog‑Free Picnic Area, which has been named after him. David passed away in 2018.
By becoming a Friends Group member you will be notified of any Group news and events, and you will receive minutes of our regular Committee meetings. You will always be up to date with the latest Friends Group activities. There is an annual fee of £2.
By becoming a Facebook Group member you will be able to participate in all the day-to-day Park chit-chat, and get to know your fellow Park users.
A copy of the Friends Group constitution is available to >download< here.
- Promote development and maintenance of the Park
The objectives of the Friends, in partnership with Sutton Council, shall be to:–
- Seek to improve the provision of amenities and facilities the Park either through public funding or by Public Private partnership or fund raising
- Promote as a public open space for use for quiet public enjoyment and leisure amenities
- Support nature conservation and wildlife
- Present the views of users of the Park to the Council on matters relating to the management of the Park